Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top New-To-Me Authors in 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  This week's topic is top new-to-me authors I read for the first time in 2016.

Louise Penny: I started her Inspector Gamache series this year, and I'm loving it so far!
 
 Marissa Meyer: I loved Meyer's Lunar Chronicles and am excited to read her next book.
 
Jojo Moyes: I finally read Me Before You and want to read something else by her soon!

Sally Hepworth: The Things We Keep is one of my favorites of the year.
 
Rowan Coleman: Coleman delicately handled serious topics in We Are All Made of Stars.

Melanie Gideon: Valley of the Moon was an absolute 5-star for me!
 
Meg Cabot: The Princess Diaries was so cute, and I'd like to try some of her books for adults.
 
Julian Fellowes: Now that Downton Abbey is over, maybe I can get my fix by reading some of his other works.
 


7 comments:

  1. I really want to read Louise Penny. I have meant to for years. Love Marissa Meyer and Jojo Moyes!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've read three of Louise Penny's books, I really need to get moving on the rest!

      Delete
  2. Great list! So many good ones. :) Melanie Gideon made my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Jojo! I read her book, Me Before You, late last year and loved it! You might consider reading the sequel- I really enjoyed that book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so torn about the sequel! Me Before You was practically perfect and I loved the ending, so I'm kind of nervous to continue the story!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, it read a bit like a soap opera, it was fun!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!