Thursday, October 1, 2026

Month in Review: September 2026

 

After our road trip, it was back to work and school for all of us!  Henry started pre-k at daycare, which means we are just that much closer to him starting real school!  ::sobs::  But we had a fun September!  We went to a fun fair day for a local town.  We also went to a hot air balloon festival - after going to his first one last year, Henry was very much looking forward to going back.  And this time, he got to cross an item off his bucket list when he took a (tethered) hot air balloon ride!  Weatherwise, we experienced a weekend nor'easter that caused a lot of cancelled plans, but we managed to get to a pizza challenge event, where we got to eat a lot of pizza and vote for the best pizzeria!  

Side note - parents, when did your kids start calling you "mom" and "dad" versus "mommy" and "daddy"?  Henry has recently started calling me mom, and I have to admit, I'm really missing "mommy"!


The Books




The Posts and Reviews



How are you doing?



* This post contains affiliate links; I earn a small commission on qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun month, especially with that hot air balloon ride! Can't believe he is already in pre-k. Time if flying! I don't remember when my boys stopped calling me mommy. But there are so many lasts (last time you pick them up, last time in the high chair, etc.), and it's just wonderful that they are growing up and healthy, but so sad at the same time. Enjoy these pre-k years! This age is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me scratching my head as to what my daughter called me. I feel as though she rarely addresses me these days. LOL! I still call my father "daddy". He's daddy forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hot air balloon festival sounds fun, especially with the ride! And yay for Extracurricular, I really hope to get to that one soon too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!