Friday, October 2, 2026

Recent Reads

In Stormy Weather by Chelsea Curto (2026)

She's an online meteorologist, he's a flashy tv weatherman, and now they're spending the summer chasing storms in Florida and maybe even falling in love.  I enjoyed this book so much!  I loved Quincy's commitment to teaching people about weather and I felt for her desire to want to prove herself.  And I loved Sebastian, too!  He's got fame and fortune but is maybe ready to try something new.  The banter between them is so good, and because of their shared history and many years of knowing each other, it felt so natural.  They are both so quick and witty, and the story moved at a fast speed.  But most of all, Sebastian's love for Quincy was so romantic - he loves her for her brain as much as her beauty and he's not afraid to tell people how smart she is.  I loved the way he continually stuck up for her when others weren't treating her fairly.  4.5 stars

A Serial Killer's Guide to Marriage by Asia Mackay (2025)

Hazel and Fox are former serial killers, now married with a child, and the drudgery of life is getting to Hazel.  When she breaks her promise to Fox not to kill anymore, suddenly life gets a lot more complicated.  This was such a fun read!  After rough childhoods (although very different), Hazel and Fox find an outlet in killing others (but only really bad guys, right?).  When they meet, it feels like fate, but after years of traveling (and killing), Hazel becomes pregnant and they decide to lead a more normal life.  I actually found myself relating a lot to Hazel and Fox - not the murdering part, of course, but adjusting to parenthood, experiencing wanes in the romance of marriage, and trying not to lose yourself when you have to give so much to others.  And the idea that Hazel would accidentally befriend a police detective was absolutely genius.  I enjoyed the story moving between Hazel and Fox's POVs, although it never really seemed like we truly know Fox (so many secrets are revealed at the end).  But overall, this story is both truly unique and truly relatable.  4 stars


* Ths post contains affiliate links; I earn a small commission on qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!