It's a new year, so it's time to set some new reading and blogging goals! I want to keep things simple while at the same time pushing myself a bit.
- Keep track of where I'm finding books. I tend to find a lot of new books to read on my own, but I want to note when I get a recommendation from someone else. This especially goes for if I read a spectacular review from another blogger and they've convinced me to read a book. I may try incorporating this into reviews.
- Participate in at least two challenges. Last year I did two year-long challenges, one summer challenge, and Nonfiction November. I felt like that was a good number and I was able to keep up with everything.
- Read at least 12 nonfiction books. This works out to one per month, but I don't want to commit to that necessarily. I know some months might just get away from me. I'm hoping to read way more than 12, but that's a good start!
- Bring back my "Try It, You Might Like It" feature. I haven't done one of these since February 2018! I have a couple ideas of genres I want to try out, but if you have any suggestions for lesser-known genres, please please let me know!
- Host a giveaway. I've been pondering this for awhile, and I think it's time! The blog will turn 3 this year and I want to do something to celebrate. Not sure how to make this happen (I'm thinking an Amazon e-gift card), so if anyone has any tips, I'd be grateful!
- Read the unread physical books on my shelves. I already had a few there and then I went and bought more and... it's kind of getting out of control for me!
- Reorganize my book shelves. My books are generally organized by genre and that's fine, but the shelves themselves are so overstuffed. I got rid of a lot of books when we moved, but I know I can still get rid of more, or at least put some in storage. I want my shelves to look pretty!
What are some of your reading and/or blogging goals for the year?