Friday, February 16, 2024

Little Free Library Sightings

It's always fun to see a Little Free Library "out in the wild!"  I love to spot them, browse their selection, leave a book if possible, and then look them up on the official website, because sometimes they have interesting stories to go along with them!  There's also an app you can download to find local Little Free Libraries where you can even "check in" to keep track of the ones you've visited!  Here are a few I've visited recently:

#1299 - I stopped by this one on my way home from the office one day.  It's at a park I pass all the time and I never realized it was there!  It's such a unique structure - here's the story: "This library is a six foot tall structure that was custom built out of cedar to fit into an old hollow tree stump in Marquand Park on Lovers Lane in Princeton N.J. It is located near a large sandbox play area that is well used and much loved by the community. It is dedicated only to children's books only and is intended to enhance the visitor's experience to the Arboretum. Gui Nelesson of Lost inStudio is the builder and Robert Wells of the Marquand Park Foundation is the steward."  I love that it was intended for children's books and is inside the park.  When I stopped there, there were more than just books (DVDs, CDs) and definitely more than just children's books.  I didn't take any books and unfortunately didn't have any to leave.


#15104 - This Little Free Library is only a couple streets away from the previous one, so it was easy to stop by both on my way home!  This is on a charming little side street in Princeton, New Jersey.  The steward, of course, encourages people to take and leave books but also just wants people to enjoy and spread the word about Little Free Libraries.  This LFL was well-stocked, but I did not take or leave any.














#109735 - I've passed by this LFL many times and finally decided to make a point to stop at it on our way home from the store.  It's on a pretty major street, but with the sidewalks, I can see how it would be a great place for passersby to stop.  This LFL was absolutely stuffed with books, and while nothing in particular caught my eye, I was able to leave a book I pruned from my own shelves recently.  I love how it matches the house behind it!
 #102383 (aka East Main Little Library) - This LFL is actually only a block or so away from the one above, so it was an easy stop on our drive.  This library looked impeccably maintained, like someone really takes the time to organize it often and make sure all the books are lined up and straight.  There was a great mix of books by some big-name authors and some newer releases.  I left a book but did not take anything.  I like how this one also matches its owner's home!

15 comments:

  1. There's Princeton, going hard. Their little library wasn't going to be little. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The app makes it so easy to look them up wherever I am!

      Delete
  3. It's interesting when they provide the background of the LFL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that part, the stewards must be able to provide something when they register.

      Delete
  4. I had no idea there were stories to go with

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! I recently came across one in my neighborhood and am planning to drop off some books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope someone gets to enjoy your books soon.

      Delete
  6. I especially love the one that matches the house! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when they get personalized like that!

      Delete
  7. It's awesome that there are so many near your house! I downloaded the app. Now I need to make time to find the LFLs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many cute LFLs near you. I wish we had more of them here.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!