Thursday, January 4, 2024

Guest Blogger: Michele's 2023 Wrap-up!

 Michele is back today to share some stats from her incredible year of reading in 2023!

**************************************************************

2023 was a fantastic reading year!  I was able to read 334 books and because I finally tracked them in a spreadsheet (not just Goodreads), I know my breakdown by format and source was as follows:

Format

Ebook - 182
Physical - 61
Audio - 91

Source

Haul - 193
Library - 48
Kindle Unlimited - 93

My most read authors were Katee Robert (14), Devney Perry (11), Deanna Raybourn, Elle Kennedy and Karina Halle (7 each).  I caught up on some backlists and also found some really fantastic new-to-me authors.  Romance was still my top genre, but I definitely branched out into some new subgenres within that.  I gave over 50 books 5 stars!  Here are some of my favorites:

             

Do we share any favorites?  What books are you looking forward to in 2024?

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh Katee Robert, I love her! Great wrap-up, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you read that many books - do you sleep? Also, there are a few on your favorites list that I have yet to read, so that makes me more excited for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that i finally tracked by source I can see that the audiobooks are really pumping up my totals. Oooh, I'm glad, i hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. You read a LOT of books, but I am still trying to get past the fact that you hauled almost 200 books. I hardly buy any books. Mine are mostly from the library. I loved Carrie Soto. Such a great comeback story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie Soto was fantastic - TJR always delivers. The "hauls" category is kind of a catch all. So that includes books I buy (i try to look for deals on ebooks but do buy some physical ones), gifts from family, borrows from Ang, and the big one - audiobooks. The subscription I have lets me get them for basically nothing so every audiobook i read i considered "hauled" and it was like half the total. Otherwise I would be broke lol

      Delete
  4. DEanna Raybourn is someone I really want to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Veronica Speedwell series is so fantastic!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you had an incredible reading year! I'm excited to see that you read so many Devney Perry novels. She's a new-to-me author and I just got her Edens series for Christmas so I'm planning to start that this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been following her for a couple years now and am mostly caught up, her books are very solid!

      Delete
  6. Stone Cold Fox made my favorites too - so much fun! You can't go wrong with TJR or Adrienne Young either. I wish I didn't listen to the 4th Wing - b/c it completely ruined my experience. Everyone seems to love it and my audio version was abysmal. The narrator was sick and I just couldn't get past the noises. Looks like you had a great reading year!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!