Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Faking Christmas

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!
 
Kerry Winfrey
Expected publication date: September 26, 2023
Laurel Grant is playing house for the holidays--complete with a fake husband and kids--in this delightful, cozy rom-com by Kerry Winfrey.

Laurel Grant works as the social media manager for Buckeye State of Mind, an Ohio tourism magazine and website. She is most definitely not an owner of a farm...but one tiny misunderstanding leads her boss, Gilbert, to think she owns her twin sister Holly's farm just outside of Columbus. Laurel only handles the social media for the farm, but she's happy to keep her little white lie going if it means not getting fired.

And keep it going she must when Gilbert, recently dumped by his wife, invites himself over for the farm's big holiday dinner (as advertised on Meadow Rise Farm's Instagram, thanks to Laurel herself). Laurel immediately goes into panic mode to figure out how she can trick Gilbert into thinking she's basically the Martha Stewart of rural Ohio and keep her job in the process.

Laurel and Holly come up with a plan--all Laurel has to do is pretend to own the farm for one dinner. But when Laurel shows up at the farm, an unwelcome guest is there: Max Beckett, her nemesis since Holly's wedding. The annoyingly attractive man she hates will be posing as Laurel's husband just for the evening, but when a snowstorm traps them all for the entire weekend, Laurel is going to have to figure out how to survive with her job and dignity intact. Whatever the case, this promises to be the most eventful Christmas in ages... - from Goodreads

 

20 comments:

  1. I just started reading holiday novels a few years ago and really enjoyed them. Adding this one to my holiday list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this one takes place in Ohio. There are way too many Christmas books on my wishlist this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay also a Christmas book! Is it weird I'm already looking forward to December? 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not weird! Although I would like to enjoy fall first..

      Delete
  4. I loved this book, but I know you have not had good luck with the author. I am crossing my fingers you enjoy this sweet and fun holiday story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally have a lot more leeway for holiday books, so we'll see!

      Delete
  5. Eventful Christmas is right! What a funny, lovely premise this is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun holiday read! I am here for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! As much as I love fall, I'm looking forward to holiday reads!

      Delete
  7. Love the plot, adding to my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a copy of this one and can't wait to read it. It sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis the season for all of the Christmas reads and while I'm not ready for Christmas YET, I do enjoy reading about all of the new ones hitting store shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I'll hold off on reading them until November, probably!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!