Sunday, October 23, 2016

Liebster Award Nomination!

Thank you so much to Suzanne at The Bookish Libra for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I really look up to Suzanne as a blogger - her site is so polished and well-written, and to be recognized by her is an honor!


The Rules:

  • Acknowledge the blog that nominated you, link it to your post and display the award.
  • Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs you think deserve the Liebster Award.
  • Give them 11 questions to answer.
  • Write the rules in your Liebster Award blog post.
  • Let the blogs know about your post and that you have nominated them.

 

My Answers:

1. What is your favorite childhood book? Was there one in particular that made you fall in love with reading?

I loved Behind the Attic Wall by Sylvia Cassedy - I even named my childhood pet after one of the characters!   

2. If you could do an interview for your blog with any author, who would you choose and why?

Kate Morton, without a doubt!  She is hands-down one of my favorite authors, and I would just love to pick her brain about how she comes up with those plot twists that always leave me guessing.  Plus, she just seems so lovely and charming!

3.  Have you ever hated a book that everyone else loved?  If so, which book and what didn’t you like about it?

Everyone seems to love Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen series except for me!  I didn't necessarily hate it, but I was really disappointed by Glass Sword.  Mare became such a difficult character for me to side with, and her overdramatic attitude kind of ruined the story for me. 

4.  What made you decide to become a book blogger and what have you learned along the way so far?

I wanted to start a blog because I love reading but don't have a lot of people in my life to talk about books with.  I've learned that the book blogging community is full of awesome people! 

5.  Aside from blogging and reading, what are some of your other hobbies?

When the weather is good, I love to go hiking.  I also love photography!

6.  Who is your least favorite fictional character? What do you dislike about the character?

Recently I read a book called We Are Unprepared by Meg Little Reilly, and I absolutely hated the main character - he was pretentious, condescending, and critical.

7.  If you could choose to live anywhere else in the world aside from where you are now, where would you choose and why?

Hmm, this is tough!  There are plenty of places I'd love to visit for awhile, but there's no place like home!  New Jersey has it all - mountains, beaches, great pizza, and we're just a short train ride from New York City.  But maybe I'd live closer to the beach then we do now!

8.  What is the last book that made you cry?

The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth, about a woman with early-onset Alzheimer's.

9.  What is your beverage of choice?

Tea!  Or if it's Friday night, rum and diet soda.

10. What are your favorite reads of 2016 so far?

Valley of the Moon by Melanie Gideon and Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton.

11.  What is your favorite movie that was adapted from a book?

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - the book is so gorgeous, and to see it come to life on the big screen was magical.

My Nominees

I thoroughly enjoy reading their posts each day, so I'd like to nominate the following bloggers: 

1. Rebel Mommy Book Blog 
2. Lindsay's Library 
3. All Books Considered
4. Stardust and Words
5. Booker T's Farm - Books and Nails and Puppy Dog Tales

 

Questions for My Nominees 

1. If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have 5 books, what would they be?
2. If you could have a beer or coffee with any literary character, who would you choose and why? 
3. What is your #1 blogging tip? 
4. How has your blog changed since you started it? 
5. What was the last movie you saw?
6. What are some of your bookish pet peeves? 
7. What book setting would you most like to visit and why? 
8. What is your favorite post on your own blog, and which post has been the most popular among your readers? 
9. What 2017 release are you most looking forward to, so far? 
10. What book are you reading next, and how did you decide on it?
11. What's your favorite comfort food? 

2 comments:

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!