Monday, June 24, 2024

Michele's Monday Picks #48

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

****************************************************************************

 
By Karla Sorensen
Expected Publication: July 16, 2024

From Goodreads:
He’s commitment phobic. She believes in happy endings. The twist of fate that binds them is a surprise they never saw coming in a bittersweet romance about instant family—and not-so-instant love.

A decade-old animosity is the only thing Liam Davies and Zoe Valentine have in common. Until their mutual best friends pass away and they’re appointed co-guardians of the trusting couple’s precocious toddler, Mira.

Liam is committed only to professional football. Relationship-wise, he’s even better at defense. Still wrestling with a tough childhood, he’s not cut out to be a father. Why his late best buddy believed in him, Liam has no idea.

An optimistic romantic, Zoe has always dreamed of a fairy-tale life. But even though Liam’s biceps make her dizzy and she can’t stop thinking about his lips on hers, he’s not exactly Prince Charming. With or without that brooding Brit, she is determined to make good on her friends’ last wish.

Forced into a predicament they never expected, Zoe and Liam are discovering things about each other that could scorch through boundaries, warm hearts, and change minds. And best of all, with their shared love for a pint-size surprise like Mira, they might just turn a house into a home.


I loved the first book in this series and Karla Sorensen never disappoints - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

8 comments:

  1. I've yet to read anything by Karla Sorensen but I see so many great reviews for her books. I really want to try something by her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with this series but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this second one!

      Delete
  3. This author is new to me, but this sounds like an amazing (and emotional) read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! The first one was as well.

      Delete
  4. I have never read this author, but I have read several books that shared this premise. It's always interesting to see what the author does with it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!