Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Hotel Nantucket

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!
 
Elin Hilderbrand
Expected publication date: June 14, 2022
After a tragic fire in 1922 that killed 19-year-old chambermaid, Grace Hadley, The Hotel Nantucket descended from a gilded age gem to a mediocre budget-friendly lodge to inevitably an abandoned eyesore — until it's purchased and renovated top to bottom by London billionaire, Xavier Darling.  Xavier hires Nantucket sweetheart Lizbet Keaton as his general manager, and Lizbet, in turn, pulls together a charismatic, if inexperienced, staff who share the vision of turning the fate of the hotel around. They face challenges in getting along with one another (and with the guests), in overcoming the hotel's bad reputation, and in surviving the (mostly) harmless shenanigans of Grace Hadley herself — who won't stop haunting the hotel until her murder is acknowledged.
 
Filled with the emotional tension and multiple points of view that characterize Elin's books (The Blue Bistro, Golden Girl) as well as an added touch of historical reality, Hotel Nantucket offers something for everyone in this summer drama for the ages. - from Goodreads

 I have fallen way behind on Hilderbrand's books, but this sounds amazing and is going to the top of my TBR!

23 comments:

  1. I have to get caught up with her books, too. This one sounds perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and beach vibes. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting premise. Definitely intrigued by the haunting aspect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her books. Already have this on hold at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It shocks me that I have yet to read anything by Hilderbrand. A haunting, history, and Nantucket. Sounds like an interesting combination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always have great summery settings!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great Nantucket type read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason Hilderbrand is an author I have not been able to click with. I finally accepted she's just not a good fit for me. My sister inhales her books, though. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I can totally see that - her books are hit or miss for me.

      Delete
  8. Whoa, this sound like a good read! The synopsis definitely has me intrigued. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a little hit or miss when it comes to her books but between the haunting and the Nantucket setting, this one definitely appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've seen novels by Elin on various lists or places like Goodreads but I haven't really looked into them closely. I should because this one does sound interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are a little hit or miss for me, but this one intrigues me!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!