Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: All The Devils Are Here

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

All The Devils Are Here (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #16)
Louise Penny
Expected publication date: September 1, 2020
On their first night in Paris, the Gamaches gather as a family for a bistro dinner with Armand's godfather, the billionaire Stephen Horowitz. Walking home together after the meal, they watch in horror as Stephen is knocked down and critically injured in what Gamache knows is no accident, but a deliberate attempt on the elderly man's life.

When a strange key is found in Stephen's possession it sends Armand, his wife Reine-Marie, and his former second-in-command at the Surete, Jean-Guy Beauvoir, from the top of the Tour d'Eiffel, to the bowels of the Paris Archives, from luxury hotels to odd, coded, works of art.

It sends them deep into the secrets Armand's godfather has kept for decades.

A gruesome discovery in Stephen's Paris apartment makes it clear the secrets are more rancid, the danger far greater and more imminent, than they realized.

Soon the whole family is caught up in a web of lies and deceit. In order to find the truth, Gamache will have to decide whether he can trust his friends, his colleagues, his instincts, his own past. His own family.

For even the City of Light casts long shadows. And in that darkness devils hide. - from Goodreads
It's no secret that I absolutely love this series, and I'm excited that the next installment takes place in Paris!

20 comments:

  1. The cover is giving me van Gogh feels, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie is right, that cover does give me Van Gogh feels too. I need to check out this series further -- I think I might have at one point, because Gamache sounds familiar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really popular series, and I can't believe it's up to the 16th installment!

      Delete
  3. Love the cover of this one... and the Paris setting is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for my copy....it can't get here fast enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who is catching up on this series and for the most part, loves it. Hope this one is enjoyable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris and a family mystery -- sounds very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even have to read the synopsis to know this would be one of my most anticipated reads of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% It's always exciting when Louise Penny announces another installment!

      Delete
  8. I have never read this series! I should check it out. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great series, I would highly recommend it!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a book full of untrustworthy characters you have to sift through. Hope you end up enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to start this series. That Paris setting is a huge draw. Do the books need to be read in order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that each of the mysteries is mostly a stand-alone, but there are threads that go throughout the books and they do reference things that happened in earlier books, so it would probably be better to read in order!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!