Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Kingdom of the Blind

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Kingdom of the Blind (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #14)
Louise Penny
Expected publication date: November 27, 2018
When a peculiar letter arrives inviting Armand Gamache to an abandoned farmhouse, the former head of the Sûreté du Québec discovers that a complete stranger has named him one of the executors of her will. Still on suspension, and frankly curious, Gamache accepts and soon learns that the other two executors are Myrna Landers, the bookseller from Three Pines, and a young builder.

None of them had ever met the elderly woman.

The will is so odd and includes bequests that are so wildly unlikely that Gamache and the others suspect the woman must have been delusional. But what if, Gamache begins to ask himself, she was perfectly sane?

When a body is found, the terms of the bizarre will suddenly seem less peculiar and far more menacing.

But it isn’t the only menace Gamache is facing.

The investigation into what happened six months ago—the events that led to his suspension—has dragged on, into the dead of winter. And while most of the opioids he allowed to slip though his hands, in order to bring down the cartels, have been retrieved, there is one devastating exception.

Enough narcotic to kill thousands has disappeared into inner city Montreal. With the deadly drug about to hit the streets, Gamache races for answers.

As he uses increasingly audacious, even desperate, measures to retrieve the drug, Armand Gamache begins to see his own blind spots. And the terrible things hiding there. - from Goodreads
I'm just so in love with this series and the characters, and I can't wait to see what Penny does in the next installment.

21 comments:

  1. I don't think I know this series so will have to look into it. I hope you'll enjoy the book when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these series but her leaving him money/house is weird, so I really like that aspect. I will add this one to my must read list. Great intriguing blurb. Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my favorite mystery series ever, ever, ever. And yes, I've already talked about how I am waiting on this one with great anticipation. I love Louise Penny's writing and love her characters. Take me to Three Pines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I am going to start this series and not stop until I catch up! I have read one book by Penny actually, a middle book in the series, and loved it. I don't have a good excuse for why I haven't read more of it. I hope you love this one! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you get to the rest of the series soon! So good!

      Delete
  5. Yay! I am almost halfway through this series and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. Hope it's all you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a series that I should try! I love the setting and I am intrigued to find out what happened. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it if you do try it out!

      Delete
  8. I keep saying I'm going to start this series but then get sidetracked by other books. I need to hurry up if I ever hope to get caught up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I've heard the Gamache books are really good, and I've even had them recommended to me a time or two, they're definitely on my list to try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to them soon and that you enjoy them!

      Delete
  10. Oh my, how did I not know this series before?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This series is new to me, so I will have to check it out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!