Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Legendary

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases!

Legendary (Caraval #2)
Stephanie Garber
Expected publication date: May 29, 2018
A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister Scarlett from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.

The only chance of uncovering Legend’s identity is to win Caraval, so Tella throws herself into the legendary competition once more—and into the path of the murderous heir to the throne, a doomed love story, and a web of secrets…including her sister's. Caraval has always demanded bravery, cunning, and sacrifice. But now the game is asking for more. If Tella can’t fulfill her bargain and deliver Legend’s name, she’ll lose everything she cares about—maybe even her life. But if she wins, Legend and Caraval will be destroyed forever.

Welcome, welcome to Caraval...the games have only just begun. - from Goodreads
Tella was by far the most interesting (and under-used character) in Caraval, so I'm excited to see a story from her point of view!

30 comments:

  1. I loved Caraval (and Tella!) so I can't wait to get my hands on this book. Definitely gotta remember to pre-order it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tella was probably my favorite character - I needed more of her in Caraval, so I'm glad she's getting her own story!

      Delete
  2. I am excited for this one too. I need to reread Caraval first. I forget books quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting a book that 'speaks' to you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book and still haven’t read it. I really should do that and soon, this sounds really good. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't read Caraval yet but it is on my TBR. I hear such good things about it. Enjoy the second book!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for Legendary! I love the magical world of Caraval. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSS! My daughter almost got trampled at BEA 2016 getting the Caraval ARC, but it was so worth it. I totally fell for this world, and can't wait to return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you loved Caraval so much, I hope you love this one, too!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read Caraval but sooo want to and now a second book! I have to read them.
    I hope you enjoy this one if you get a chance to read it.

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think tons of people can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Caraval was pretty popular, so I'm sure a lot of people are anxious for the sequel!

      Delete
  10. I need to read Caraval ASAP, can't believe I haven't gotten to it yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I read it pretty late, too, compared to many others!

      Delete
  11. Tella was my favorite character in Caraval so I'm excited to see that Legendary focuses on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! There wasn't enough Tella in Caraval.

      Delete
  12. I still have Caraval to get to but interested to see what people think of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I like this one more than Caraval!

      Delete
  13. Very cool that an underused character gets her time to shine! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh this is a great choice! Caraval was entertaining for me, but unfortunately didn't blow me away. I'm still looking forward to reading Legendary, I hope to enjoy it a bit more :) x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!