Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: I Was Anastasia

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases!

I Was Anastasia
Ariel Lawhorn
Expected publication date: March 27, 2018
Countless others have rendered their verdict. Now it is your turn.

Russia, July 17, 1918 Under direct orders from Vladimir Lenin, Bolshevik secret police force Anastasia Romanov, along with the entire imperial family, into a damp basement in Siberia where they face a merciless firing squad. None survive. At least that is what the executioners have always claimed.

Germany, February 17, 1920 A young woman bearing an uncanny resemblance to Anastasia Romanov is pulled shivering and senseless from a canal in Berlin. Refusing to explain her presence in the freezing water, she is taken to the hospital where an examination reveals that her body is riddled with countless, horrific scars. When she finally does speak, this frightened, mysterious woman claims to be the Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia.

Her detractors, convinced that the young woman is only after the immense Romanov fortune, insist on calling her by a different name: Anna Anderson.

As rumors begin to circulate through European society that the youngest Romanov daughter has survived the massacre, old enemies and new threats are awakened. - from Goodreads

29 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this book too. It sounds like it's going to be so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this sounds so good! I've always been fascinated with the Romanov family/whether or not Anastasia survived. Definitely adding this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching documentaries on Anastasia. The whole history of the family and all the speculation is both tragic and enthralling. I am interested to see the new spin the author puts on this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one and have been waiting to see what people think. The whole story is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love Anastasia! I need this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this one around. I have to get this one too. I hope you get a chance to read it.

    Mary Can’t Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think anything that has to do with Anastasia Romanov, and their family history is completely fascinating! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one sounds really good doesn't it? I have it on my TBR as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really really reaaaally want this book! I think I would totally love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks fabulous, I'd be really curious to see where she goes with this story, given the historical significance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The story of Anastasia is sooo incredible isn't it? I look forward to your review -- and to read how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I am definitely interested in learning more about the Romanovs. Such an interesting topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I hope you enjoy this if you do read it.

      Delete
  14. I love everything to do with the Romanovs; this one looks so interesting! I didn't know about this book- thank you for sharing! Fantastic pick! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you, Jeanna! I hope you enjoy this one!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!