I like getting to know the bloggers behind my favorite blogs, and I'm hoping you all do, as well! Yes, you can visit the About Me page, but today I wanted to introduce myself, give a little background, and explain how I came up with my blog name.
Who am I?
I'm Angela, a 30-something who lives in New Jersey with my husband, Tom. By day, I'm a legal assistant. At practically any other time, you can find me with my nose in a book. I've been a huge reader for as long as I can remember. My parents introduced me to books at a young age and they've always encouraged me to read. I love books from a wide range of genres and I'm willing to try almost anything once - mystery, thriller, contemporary fiction, YA, chick lit, and fantasy are all genres I'm reading lately. For a look at how my genre preferences have changed over the years, check out this post.
And when I'm not reading...
If I'm not reading, you can find me...
- watching trashy reality shows. If it features "real housewives," I'm probably watching it.
- taking a long walk or finding a new hiking trail. My dad instilled in me a love of the outdoors when I was younger, and in recent years Tom and I have really enjoyed exploring new places and finding different places to hike. Sometimes we even plan our vacations around what parks we can visit.
- taking pictures. I pretty much always have a camera with me, and I love taking photos. I enjoy landscape photography, but I've also been getting into portraits and candid photography at family events. My sister and her family are gracious enough to let me practice on them!
So why "The Literary Wanderer"?
In 2015, I started to read a lot of book blogs, mostly to check out reviews. I saw the different reading challenges the bloggers were participating in, too. I also happened to come across Gone Hikin', where the blogger details all of her hikes. Then, in April 2016, I had the idea to start a blog that combined both my love of reading and my love of the outdoors and talk about things that were important to me. I wanted to be a part of this blogging community that I had been observing from the outside. But I was really nervous - what would people think? Would anyone even read it? Could I actually do this?
I needed to come up with a name for this potential blog, and so "Literary Wanderer" was born:
- literary for my love of reading and books
- wanderer for a couple reasons - it represents my outdoor travels, but it also represents how I wander through books and even genres, and how I use reading as an escape and to visit places I might otherwise not be able to
- As for musings? I just like the sound of it - it's kind of whimsical!
Why did you start your blog? How did you come up with your blog's name?