Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sunshine Blogger Award

Thank you to Suzanne at The Bookish Libra for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!  It really is such an honor to be thought of for things like this!


The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.

The Rules
  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
  • Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
My questions from The Bookish Libra
  1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?  Paris, for sure.  I love reading books that are set in Paris.  It just seems like such a beautiful and historic city.
  2. If you were given a $50 gift card to your local bookstore, what books would you buy?  Lately, I've really been wanting to purchase some nice hardbound classics, so I'd probably get all the Oz books, maybe Alice in Wonderland.
  3. What do you wish you could change about yourself?  Physically, I wish I was taller - sometimes I feel silly standing next to my husband, who is a foot taller than me.  Personality-wise, I wish I was more outgoing.
  4. If you could meet any character from any book you’ve read, who would you want to meet and why?  Hmm, I'd have to go with Tyrion from Game of Thrones.  He's smart and cunning and just plain funny.
  5. What made you decide to start blogging?  Last year I was starting to read a lot of book blogs and I thought to myself, "I think I could do that, too!"  I wanted to share my thoughts about books and participate in some of the weekly features I saw other bloggers doing.
  6. What fictional character (books, TV, or film) is most like you?  In what ways?  I would say Elsie from Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  She's an ordinary girl who thinks the perfect Friday night is reading, watching tv, and eating pizza.  Sounds just like me!  Also, she can lash out and get a bit nasty when she's upset, which unfortunately is also like me!
  7. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter.
  8. What makes you happy?  So many things!  My husband, my family, books, blue skies, pizza...
  9. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what word would you choose?  Sentimental.
  10. Are you a dog person or a cat person?  Definitely cat!  Although, we can't have one because of my husband's allergies.
  11. What is your all-time favorite book?  Oh, wow, that is difficult!  I think I would say Gone With The Wind - it's just such a classic, such an epic story.  Rhett Butler is probably my favorite character of all time, and even though she's spoiled and selfish at times, I can't help but love Scarlett.
Questions for my nominees

1.  If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have 5 books, what would they be?
2.  If you could have a beer or coffee with any literary character, who would you choose and why? 
3.  What is your #1 blogging tip? 
4.  How has your blog changed since you started it? 
5.  What was the last movie you saw?
6.  What are some of your bookish pet peeves?
7.  What book setting would you most like to visit and why?
8.  What is your favorite post on your own blog, and which post has been the most popular among your readers?
9.  Are there any 2018 releases that you're already looking forward to?
10.  What book are you reading next, and how did you decide on it?
11.  What's your favorite comfort food?

My nominees (I'm going to nominate a few blogs that I really love, and I will not feel bad if you don't want to participate!)

A Magical World of Words
Books.Bags.Burgers
Somewhere Only We Know
Books & Beauty Are My Bag
Bookfever


12 comments:

  1. Paris for sure!!! Oh I love anything chocolate and peanut butter too!! Fun questions and answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so glad you did this :)

    I love all of your answers too. Paris is amazing so I really you get to visit there some day. I've been once and think about going back all the time.

    Haha, meeting Tyrion would be so cool. He's one of my favorites from that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great questions! I do hope I get to Paris someday, right now it's just a dream!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE peanut butter!!!! And I also wish I was more outgoing :( *high five*

    Thanks so much for tagging me, Angela! Unfortunately I already did this tag a while ago, and at the moment I don't think I'm ready to do it again since I'm already behind on other tags I need to do. So sorry about that! But thanks again for thinking of me!! <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers!

    Tyrion is awesome and I think chocolate and peanut butter is a delicious pairing. :)

    My #1 blogging tip would be - Go read all the Blog Squads posts. ;) :) #Shamelesspromo

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love the Blog Squad posts! I look forward to them every week!

      Delete
  5. I feel you with the height! I'm 5 foot 1 and my husband is 6 foot 4, even my 8 and 10 year old daughters are starting to creep up with me!!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's hard being short - I passed my mother when I was a teenager, but just barely!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the nomination!!! And also so sorry for getting here so late! College has me working so hard! And I understand being short :P I'm barely 5'2" I can't wait to do my post :) The questions are so fun <3 Thanks Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I look forward to reading your answers!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!