- Learn more about the technical side of creating a blog/website. I really am quite technologically challenged, so I've just been using a standard Blogger template and haven't tried to change up too many things. I'd really like to learn how to make the overall site prettier and more professional. I don't dislike the way it looks now, but sometimes I feel it's not necessarily "me."
- Create better graphics. This goes along with #1 and wanting to make the blog look nicer, whether by learning how to make my own graphics or taking better photos to go along with my posts.
- Come up with more/better discussion posts. I enjoy writing book reviews and participating in weekly features, but I also want to branch out a bit and have more fun/interesting/thought-provoking discussions on the blog.
- Have at least a month's worth of posts ready to go. In my non-blogging life, I'm very organized, a total planner who orders her Christmas cards in October. I've been pretty good about this with blogging and keeping ahead of the game, and I want to maintain that, because you never know when a blogging or reading slump will hit or real life will get in the way!
- Immerse myself more in the book blogging community. This community is way larger and more complex than I ever imagined, and right now I'm just scratching the surface. I'd like to see if I can get more involved, even if that means starting small by reading more blogs or participating in some reading challenges.
- Don't forget about my other passion, the outdoors. Most days, this is a book blog, which I love, but I also want to continue sharing our outdoor adventures (even though they may not be as interesting!). I love having this record of all the places we've been and seen.
- Have fun! Because really, if I'm spending all this time working on it and I'm not enjoying it, what's the point?
So, am I being realistic with these goals? Do you have any blogging goals for this year?