Thursday, August 4, 2016

What's in My Bag: Short Hikes


Today I wanted to do a quick post on what we take with us when we go on short hikes.  This list isn't totally comprehensive and you may need or want other items, but I think this is a good start!

  • Fully charged cell phone.
  • Trail map.  Sometimes these are available on site, but I always print my own just in case.
  • Sunscreen.
  • Bug spray.
  • Camera.  Because I have to take pictures wherever we go!
  • Water.  And plenty of it.  It's too easy to get dehydrated, so we make sure to bring at least two large bottles of water with us.
  • First aid supplies.  Simple things like band aids for small cuts and scrapes; aspirin for headaches; and sinus/allergy medication.
  • Snacks.  Nothing huge, but something filling that won't melt or go bad if it's kept out too long.  Nuts, trail mix, granola bars - we're partial to KIND bars these days.
  • Sunglasses/hat.  More protection from the sun.
  • Pocketknife/Swiss Army knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!