Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is a rewind to go back and do a topic you missed or want to revisit.  This week, I wanted to list some books I can't believe I've never read.  Should I be embarrassed that there are so many classics I haven't read?

  • Animal Farm (George Orwell)
  • Little Women (Louis May Alcott)
  • Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury)
  • Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
  • Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five (Kurt Vonnegut)
  • Moby-Dick (Herman Melville)
  • The Odyssey/The Iliad (Homer)
  • Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
  • The Princess Bride (William Goldman)

7 comments:

  1. No, I don't think you should be embarrassed! I've only read one of those books (The Odyssey) and I only read it because it was required reading in high school. I probably would have never read it! :/ Great Top Ten!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is OK if you haven't read them. I haven't read any of them either. I do not like to read Classics, it is just me. You should not read something because everyone else does.
    Every time I go to the bookstore with my 10 years old I go to check the teen section, she keeps telling me I am too old for YA books and that I need to read some classics hahaha I tell her NO, I pay for my books I read whatever I want.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a good attitude to have! And I'm a firm believer that YA is not just for teenagers!

      Delete
  3. Most of the books you listed I haven't read either. But its not too late if any of them interest you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these (I tried Little Women but got bored) but that's not surprising since I don't like classics!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/top-ten-tuesday-69/

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!