Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Blush

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!
 
Jamie Brenner
Expected publication date: June 22, 2021
From acclaimed author Jamie Brenner comes a stunning new novel about three generations of women who discover that the trashy novels of a bygone era just might hold the key to saving their family's coastal winery--and to finding the love that's eluded them.

For decades, the lush vineyards and majestic manor house of the Hollander Estates winery made it the North Fork of Long Island's premier destination for lavish parties and romantic day trips. Now the Hollander family fortunes have suffered, and as matriarch Vivian Hollander prepares for the arrival of her daughter and granddaughter for their annual summer reunion, she fears it might be their last. Worse, selling the family legacy to strangers might expose the dark secret she's harbored for thirty-five years....

Visits to the winery have been bittersweet for Leah Hollander Bailey ever since her father refused to let her take her place in the family business. Now a successful Manhattan shop owner, Leah loves the life she's built with her husband and daughter--but with her store, and her marriage, at a crossroads, she can't help but view this year's pilgrimage home as a sorely needed escape.

College senior Sadie Bailey has a thesis to write, and the towering shelves of the manor's library offer endless academic inspiration. But when Sadie discovers evidence that her proper Grandma Vivian once ran a book club dedicated to the scandalous women's novels of decades past, the shockingly outrageous tomes give her new insight into her family's glory days.

Resurrecting the trashy book club begins as the distraction all three women need. But as they battle to save their birthright and heal old wounds, they just might find that the pages contain everything they need to know about how to fight for what they want--and for the life, and love, they deserve. - from Goodreads

Jamie Brenner is always good for a summertime read, and this sounds like it has a lot of great elements - multi-generational family, drama, and a book club!

22 comments:

  1. Grandma Vivian, my my... what have you been hiding 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this book for the first time yesterday. I like multi-generational stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy multi-generational stories. And that cover definitely draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was not even on my radar! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love this premise! I want to read this one now. It sounds so good. I am adding it to my wish list right now. I hope you love it when you read it, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you love it, too!

      Delete
  7. Drama, a multi-generational family, and a book club? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may need a book about Grandma Vivian and her book clubs too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!