I can't believe this year is already officially half-over - so much has happened, yet at the same time, it feels like nothing has happened! Today I'm taking a look back at the goals I set at the beginning of the year, as well as the progress I'm making on my reading challenges.
- Reread more. I've reread 10 books so far this year, including the Harry Potter ones listed below. I definitely want to do more; last year I set aside a two-week period to just reread, and I would love to do that again.
- Reread the Harry Potter series. I've read 4 of the 7 books so far!
- Make a dent in the unread physical books on my shelf. I've definitely read a few, but I keep borrowing books from my sister, so it always looks like I have a full shelf!
- Attend at least 2 bookish events. This is a total fail so far, and I know that the major bookish event I was planning to attend this year has already been cancelled. I need to look more into virtual events.
- Respond to comments faster. I think I've been doing really good at this - I've gotten into the habit of responding to comments within a day or two.
- Get ahead on my book reviews. Well, some months are better than others for this one. I've started doing more "quick reviews," which means the actual writing takes less time, but I tend to review more books. If I have a couple weeks' worth of reviews scheduled at any given time, that's a good feeling and what I'm aiming for.
- Build up my #bookstagram account. My #bookstagram has grown about 25% since the beginning of the year! I'm having fun participating in photo challenges and coming up with creative pictures. If we're not already, let's be friends!
- Get new passports. Done! Aaaaand we have nowhere to go, for now at least!
- Drink more water. This is kind of hard to quantify, but I think I'm doing ok at this. I try to limit my caffeine intake to three days a week, so the rest of the time, I'm drinking water, sparkling water, and seltzer.
- Run a 5k. Total fail. I thought that being at home for so long would give me the time and motivation to do this, but after trying jogging a couple times, I realized this was going to be hard. It's still something I'm thinking about, though, so we'll see!
- Make 100 blankets for Project Linus. I've made 43 blankets, so I'm a little behind schedule, but many of the charities we work with were also closed down due to the coronavirus.
The 2020 Audiobook Challenge is hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. My goal was 20-30 audiobooks and so far this year I've already listened to 22, although it has really slowed down in the last couple months without my work commute.
The Retellings Reading Challenge is hosted by Tracy at Cornerfolds. My goal was the Elemental Witch level, which is 11-15 retellings, and I've already beaten that with 21 retellings read! I've made a lot of progress on the Bingo card and hope to complete it by the end of the year:
Beat the Backlist is hosted by Austine at NovelKnight; my goal was to read at least 60 backlist books this year, but I've already crushed that! I've read 94 backlist books this year!
How are you doing on your goals and challenges?