Monday, October 14, 2019

Quotables #15



I'll be honest, I've heard this quote many times before, but until I read Anne of Green Gables a couple months ago, I had no idea it was from that book!  In any event, I love this quote because I love the month of October!  


I thought this quote was hilarious, because it's so true - all of us want things without having to put in the work to get it (like, I want to lose weight without having to change my diet or exercise!).


I can hardly have a round of Quotables without highlighting at least one bookish-related quote, and I loved this one - no matter what else is going on, we'll always have our books!

Which of these is your favorite?

21 comments:

  1. Gotta' love the classic 'October' quote. It's always a must-use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think almost everything out of Anne's mouth is worth quoting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these quotes! The one from Nina Hill makes me think she is my kind of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that quote was from Anne of Green Gables! I hear it all the time. It's so true, too.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that October one. One of my favorite months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love October too so that quote is PERRRFECT! :)

    And YES I can also relate t Oscar's quote SO MUCH LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right?? It was speaking directly to me.

      Delete
  7. October is my favorite month of the year so I really love that first quote. And of course the one from Nina Hill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore these quotes! I still haven't read Anne of Green Gables, but I've seen the show Anne with an E, that's the only reason I know the quote comes from there. Oscar Wilde is an all time favourite of mine, the guy was hilarious and a man of many feelings.

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting The Picture of Dorian Gray to be so funny in parts!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!