Monday, May 20, 2019

Down The TBR Hole #2


Time for another round of Down the TBR Hole!  This is a feature created by Lost in a Story.  So how does it work?
  • Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if youre feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

The Gilded Wolves by Roshni Chokshi

When I first heard about this book, I was super-excited for it.  Since then, I've seen a lot of great reviews, but I'm just not really into fantasy right now at all and the whole synopsis is confusing me.  Pass!






Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkin Reid

I don't even need to think twice about this one, definitely keeping it!  It's TJR!









A Column of Fire by Ken Follett

This is the third book in a historical fiction series I've been enjoying about a cathedral in England.  I read the first book in college, so this is a long time coming!  Even though this book is close to 1000 pages and I'm not sure when I'll get to it, I'm keeping this one!





Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan

This book tells the love story between C.S. Lewis (author of the Narnia series) and his wife, Joy.  The love story interests me, although part of me is worried that there will be a lot of religious talk in the book.  Keeping - for now.






My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing

A husband and wife look to add some spice to their somewhat-boring lives by planning murders - this just sounds too fun to get rid of!  Keeping this one!







Have you read any of these?
 

35 comments:

  1. My Lovely Wife sounds so incredible! Adding it to my TBR now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Gilded Wolves but I read a another book by Roshni Chokshi once and I was pretty disappointed by it. The cover is so beautiful, though! Also, I'd love to read Becoming Mrs. Lewis sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of Chokshi's other books, so I don't know if I'm missing anything!

      Delete
  3. I've seen some mixed reviews for The Gilded Wolves so have been thinking about passing on that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm just not in the mood for it!

      Delete
  4. This has inspired me to review my TBR more often and I can say it has been helping. I have been getting rid of some older titles that I really am not interested anymore and is making my lists (somewhat) more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I definitely think it's something that needs to be done, or else the TBR gets overwhelming and you don't even know what's on there anymore.

      Delete
  5. If I had a physical copy of The Gilded Wolves, I'd be tempted to keep it just for the beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on the fence about Daisy Jones, but think I'm going to listen to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it, and I love it already!

      Delete
  7. I don't see myself reading it, but everyone is raving about Daisy Jones. I think you chose wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve read Daisy Jones, Mrs. Lewis, and My Lovely Wife- all wonderful reads! I hope you enjoy them, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy Jones is getting such rave reviews! TOTALLY adding to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been doing this too, I need to start again, I do it on Saturdays, I call it Read or Skip, here was my last post: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/04/20/read-or-skip-7/.
    Yes, I would definitely keep Follett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh DAISY JONES! I so want to read that one, I loved Evelyn Hugo SO much and can't wait to read more from the author :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You wound me passing on The Gilded Wolves, but it's not a book for everyone and sometimes certain genres just aren't your thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry!! :-( Who knows, I may come back to it at some point, but right now, it's just not grabbing me.

      Delete
  13. I haven't read any of these, though I'm looking at reading The Gilded Wolves eventually in the near future! It's definitely not a book for everyone I hear despite most of the reviews being positive that I've come across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it sounds like the type of book I'd really have to be in the mood for.

      Delete
  14. Ooh, I love this feature so much! I would also pass on The Gilded Wolves now if I hadn't read it, probably. I didn't care for it myself, though, so I'm now a bit biased haha. I hope you enjoy all of these when you read them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really curious about Daisy Jones & The Six, so I'm glad you kept it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep hearing great things about My Lovely Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have Daisy, Gilded and Lovely and have yet to read them. I am going to have a 3 week break in August from school and I am really hoping to get some much reading in than! =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!