- Sleeping Arrangements (Madeleine Wickham): A story about two families staying in the same vacation home in Spain.
- The Secret Keeper (Kate Morton): A woman tries to make sense of her mother's mysterious past in this novel set in England.
- The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett): An epic read about the construction of a cathedral in England during the Middle Ages.
- Outlander (Diana Gabaldon): An English woman time travels to Scotland circa 1743.
- The Nightingale (Kristin Hannah): A story about two sisters and their struggles to survive in France during WWII.
- Me Before You (JoJo Moyes): Sweet and heartbreaking story about a woman caring for a disabled man, set in England.
- Into Thin Air (Jon Krakauer): Thrilling true story about the 1996 disaster on Mt. Everest.
- The Husband's Secret (Liane Moriarty): A woman finds out a devastating secret about her husband in this story set in Australia.
- A Fatal Grace (Louise Penny): A murder mystery set in Quebec, Canada.
- The Boticelli Secret (Marina Fiorato): A woman finds herself in danger after posing for Boticelli's "Primavera" painting, in this story set in 15th-century Italy.
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside the United States
The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books set outside the United States; this was a hard list for me to narrow down, because a lot of the books I read take place in other countries, particularly England! Here are just some of my favorites: