Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my series, Michele’s Monday Picks! I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you. Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!
***********************************************************************
Ava Reid
Expected Publication: September 24, 2026
From Goodreads:
The Secret History meets The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes in #1 bestselling author Ava Reid’s brand new, thrilling, dystopian YA novel.
There is no application process for Valeran Academy, but it boasts the brightest – and precociously criminal – students in the nation.
A disgraced politician from a powerful American dynasty.
A coldly brilliant strategist who will sacrifice anything to win.
A former pageant queen with a talent that could change the world.
A prodigious female soldier with an enigmatic past – and a dangerous secret.
With eerie war simulations, cutthroat competitions and foreboding new technology, Valeran trains its students to be elite assets in a Cold War that has dragged on for nearly a century. But as a sinister conspiracy takes shape and these four are drawn together for a mysterious mission, their loyalties are tested, their convictions shaken and they all begin to are they ushering in a new era of freedom, or tyranny?
I have loved Ava Reid’s previous books and thought this one sounded fantastic! Do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

Sounds like an interesting combination of elements. Hope you love it!
ReplyDeleteI like the concept of The Secret History meets The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading Hunger Games with my youngest son, and I realized it's been a while since I've read a really good dystopian--definitely adding this one to my list! Thanks for putting it on my radar.
ReplyDelete